A long time ago, like many graphic designs, I had an affair with font creation. Using Fontographer I designed and built a font called Registrate — based on Australian car numberplates — which came in two flavours: rounded and straight. You can have them for FREE!
Waaaaay back in the day, I created Mac and PC TrueType and Postscript versions of the font. Now, using FontLab Studio, I’ve exported OpenType versions as well1.
When I created it I had a short user agreement that came with the font. This agreement still stands:
The font(s) included in this package are copyright Bart Kowalski. By downloading, and/or installing these font(s), you accept the terms and conditions of this user agreement. Jargon out of the way…
- You may use these font(s) as often as you like, and for anything you like as long as you don’t sell them.
- You may distribute these font(s) to anyone, as long as you include a link to this page and user agreement along with it.
- If you use these font(s) for any commercial application, be nice and please send me an example of the work. (For my own pleasure :)
That’s it. Enjoy.
Download the file
- Download Registrate Fonts (zip file, 258kb)
- I don’t really know how to use FontLab to any reasonable standard. I’ve just generated an OpenType font using default settings. Hopefully it works for you as it does for me. If you know how to do it properly, I’d be interested to hear you out ↩