We just got back from another whirlwind tour of Oz. It was great to see everyone again, especially Oliver Mann, who happened to be performing on that weekend. Oliver, being the nice man he is, graced us with an old favourite spoken word piece about an old woman and a lollishop, but remixed with some acoustic guitar, all live on the spot. Champion. (Remind me to tell you about Oliver Mann).
One of the weird things this time ’round was that it had only been six weeks since last time we were in Oz, so for most of the people we caught up with it felt almost like we hadn’t left (for me anyway). The next time we’re in Oz is during Christmas, which is a few months away.
One of the best things about this trip is the swag we ran into KL (pictured above). The total weight is in the vicinity of 24–25kg. Stuff you can’t get over here, the main thing being good pork products. This is the manifest:
- Murray River salt flakes x 2 boxes
- Mad Dog chilli mustard
- Good Aussie white wine x 4 bottles
- Angostura bitters (which is probably findable, but we haven’t seen it yet) x 1 bottle
- Watsonia Old Vintage cheddar cheese 500g wheel x 2
- Don Plain Kransky sausages (*drool*) x 2.5kg
- Don honey smoked ham slices x 2kg
- Di Bella coffee beans x 4kg
Anyways, for those people who care — you know who you are — I had three Egg Flip Big Ms during this trip, the first being within 90 minutes of setting foot in the country (1:30am). Priorities.