The current facts:
- I’m giving Spotify a go
- To control Spotify on my Mac from my iPhone, I’m trying Remoteless
- Remoteless needs a helper app running on the Mac
- The helper app lives in your menubar
- The menubar icon/s look crap1
- I whipped up some new, less crap replacement icons
- You can download them right here (zip file, 1.9kb)
- Here’s a pic showing you where you replace the previous menubar icons on your Mac
- And here’s the path: Applications > RemotelessHelper.app2 > Contents > Resources
- Quit and restart the helper app
- Now your life is a tiny bit better :)
Disclaimer: The usual warning — use at your own risk. If you machine dies it’s not my fault. This worked perfectly for me. Copy the existing icons to another location as a backup!
- In my opinion, trying to cram too much information into 30×30 pixels can do this to your menubar icons.
- Right click on the app and select “Show package contents”