A geeky tribute (why I'm doing this)
Despite never having met or worked with Apple's founder and CEO Steve Jobs, I, along with more than a million others, was affected by his death. It was a weird feeling for me, one which Marco Arment describes better than I ever could.
After Steve's passing, I felt I wanted to show appreciation for Steve and his work, but in a fun way. Being a Lego fan, I thought a minifig of Steve Jobs would be the perfect way for me — and I suspected many others — to show that. I initially held off for fear of being seen as 'cashing in' on such a sad event, but after reading the official biography by Walter Issacson I was inspired to just do it; put it all together and let the Lego Steve Jobs loose into the world.
It's important to note I'm not doing this for any profit. I'm covering the cost of the Lego pieces, printing the stickers, packaging, and shipping (and of course some beer for Kirk who coded this page). Any time spent will be not be recouped. My goal is to get these into the hands of people who'll really enjoy it: the geeks!
What you get
Each package contains the pieces to make one complete Lego Steve Jobs, with alternative pieces to create three variations. You get:
- one Issey Miyake black turtleneck (with hands attached)
- one pair of Levis 501 blue jeans
- a classic plain Lego head (for all the purists and nostalgia-ists)
- a young and cheeky iCEO head
- a wiser-Steve-from-more-recent-years head
- one tidy crop of hair for the younger Steves
As well as an incredible CEO you get three revolutionary products:
- two iPhones — one black (sleek) and one white (finally)
- a classic click-wheel iPod
- an original Apple Macintosh
- two stickers for each product (in case you mis-stick one)
Pretty cool, right?
These are all genuine Lego pieces, new and un-chewed by kids.
The stickers were designed by me and professionally printed by my mates at Pyramid Labels, right here in Malaysia.
Sorry, Lego Steve Jobs has sold out :(
Thanks to everyone who placed an order! I hope you enjoy it!
A reminder I'll begin packing and shipping on 23rd January, so you should have it within a couple weeks after this date depending on the postal system in your country.