***THIS MAC HAS BEEN SOLD***
I’m selling my MacBook Semi-Pro. I say ‘Semi-Pro’ because this was the first aluminium unibody MacBook Apple released, but it was also the only aluminium MacBook Apple released. Eight months after its introduction, it was given a slight speed bump and an SD card slot and relabelled a MacBook Pro. Seriously. Compare the specs for yourself.
I’m selling this machine because I’ve side-graded to the MacBook Air. There’s nothing wrong with the MacBook I’m selling, In fact, it’s better than when I bought it because I’ve upgraded the hard drive and RAM to make it a workhorse. Why swap? Well, you can read about my reasoning this blog post. Anyway, enough of the
soft sell back story.
Here are the details (the full geek-tastic details available at apple-history.com)
- MacBook 13-inch (aluminium unibody)
- 2.4Ghz Intel Dual Core CPU
- 6GB RAM
- 250GB Hard Drive
- 13.3 inch display @ 1280×800 resolution
- Nvidia GeForce Graphics 256MB
- SuperDrive (CD+DVD burner)
- Ports: USB x2, Ethernet, MiniDisplay, Stereo headphones, Stereo mic input
- Multi-touch trackpad
- Built-in iSight (video camera)
- Built-in WiFi
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Backlit keyboard (only available on the higher-end model — you can work in the dark!)
- Ambient light sensor
- Replaceable battery (MacBook Pros now have the battery inside — you cannot replace it. This machine has a removable battery so you can buy a backup battery if you need it)
- Aluminium unibody construction (you have to feel it to understand how tough it is)
And here is Apple’s promo video about the MacBook’s design and construction.
The current MacBook Pro (which I think is apt to compare to) sells at $1449 with 2GB less RAM. I’m selling my machine for $900.
It comes with the original OS X install discs, Apple remote control, a neoprene case for the MacBook and power adapter, but no box. I’ll do a clean install of the most current version of OS X so you’ll be ready to go. This Mac comes with a standard Malaysian three pronged plug (original Apple part, not a converter).
The MacBook is in perfect condition other than two light scratches on the top (seen the pictures). I’ve only taken it out of the house maybe ten times, and always with the case. If you’re in KL, feel free to contact me to arrange a look-see and a play.
Is this Mac for you?
This is a perfect computer for someone looking to get their first Mac, but it’s also great as someone’s only computer. Due to the upgrades I’ve made, it has plenty of storage (250GB) for music, photos etc, and plenty of RAM. It’s a great workhorse Mac with easy portability.
Spread the word
Please forward this page onto anyone you think might be interested, or contact me directly with any questions, or to arrange an inspection.